We specialise in rural planning and represent the interests of those living and working in the countryside. At Wharfe Rural Planning we all have agricultural backgrounds and understand first-hand the challenges of running a farming business. Our job satisfaction and enjoyment comes from helping farmers to get the absolute most out of the planning system to achieve the developments that you need for your business.
There are very few consultants that specialise purely in planning and farming, we believe this enables us to bridge the gap between these two worlds and provide very niche but very effective services in a cost effective manner.
Our work for the agricultural community includes securing planning permissions for core agricultural activities as well diversification in to other enterprises and housing developments. The application of particularly technical areas of planning such as Agricultural workers dwellings and agricultural permitted development rights are a particular expertise of ours. We have secured many new agricultural workers dwellings and successfully removed the conditions and ties on others where they have outlived their usefulness.
Examples of our planning permissions secured for agricultural clients include:
- Grain stores,
- Pig rearing buildings,
- Cubicle sheds,
- Free range poultry buildings,
- Anaerobic Digestion Plants,
- New agricultural workers dwellings,
- Agricultural permitted development rights,
- Barn conversions for dwellings,
- Conversion of buildings to commercial uses,
- Removal of agricultural occupancy conditions,
- Stationing of mobile homes for seasonal workers,
- Defending enforcement action for unauthorised development,
- Diversion of a public right of way,
- Permitted development Class Q conversion of agricultural buildings to dwellings.