We were instructed to secure a redesign of the conversion of redundant farm buildings near Goostrey in Cheshire to six dwellings.
The site was in open countryside either side of a quiet rural lane. Parts of the traditional brick built buildings dated from pre 1877. The Farmhouse to the East of the lane was Grade II listed and the farm buildings were considered to be within the listed curtilage of the farmhouse. The development therefore required listed building consent as well as full planning permission.
Cheshire West Council as the Local Planning gave significant weight to the heritage value of the buildings and any modifications to the appearance of the building and in particular door and window openings needed significant justification.