We specialise in rural planning and represent the interests of those living and working in the countryside. At Wharfe Rural Planning we understand first-hand the challenges of running a rural business and the unique issues and opportunities that this brings. We understand the frustration at not being able to expand successful businesses due to the policy restrictions on development in the Green Belt and Open Countryside. We also understand how to get the absolute most out of the planning system and our enjoyment comes from helping other rural businesses achieve the developments they need to thrive in the countryside.
Examples of our planning permissions secured for rural businesses include:
- Construction of large new office building in open countryside for agricultural contracting and plant hire business,
- Two new large office buildings to expand an existing rural business park in the open countryside near Ashford in Kent,
- Change of use on existing rural commercial buildings to allow alternative uses,
- Extensions to existing commercial buildings in the Green Belt,
- Defending enforcement action against unauthorised development and change of use of land.