We specialise in rural planning and represent the interests of those living and working in the countryside. At Wharfe Rural Planning we have all lived in the Countryside most of our lives and have strong links with the rural community. We understand the challenges of obtaining planning permission for residential development in the Green Belt, Open Countryside and Rural Settlements. We also understand how to get the absolute most out of the planning system and our enjoyment comes from helping other people living in the Countryside to secure the developments they need for their homes and settlements to thrive.
Our work on rural dwellings includes permissions for new dwellings and modifications to existing in the Green Belt, Open Countryside and within Rural Settlements. The application of particularly specialist areas of planning such as permitted development rights and replacement dwellings are a particular expertise of ours.
Examples of our planning permissions secured for rural homes include:
- Side extensions, rear extensions and dormer roof extensions to existing dwellings,
- Ancillary outbuildings to existing dwellings for garages, pools, gyms and summerhouses,
- Extension of residential curtilages to existing dwellings,
- Barn conversions,
- Replacement dwellings in Green Belt, Open Countryside and in rural settlements,
- Permitted development extensions,
- Other residential permitted development rights,
- Reinstatement of permitted development rights previously removed by planning condition,
- Defending enforcement action against unauthorised development or unauthorised changes of use of land.